Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Why Do I Keep Comparing?

Have you ever noticed how thoughts can creep up on you? 

It's not like I've ever woken up in the morning and thought "Wow,  today is the perfect day to covet!" 

That's not how it works. 

Our thoughts wander, little by little, to places they shouldn't be.

Ronnie & I both had very good jobs B.C. (before children).  And to be honest, we were not frugal back then- we liked new things, we like eating out, and that was fine.   Fast forward 7 years & 3 kids later and things are a little different.  I don't work full time at a demanding (and well paying) job.  I am a full time wife, mother, teacher, and homemaker. 

And I know I'm right where God wants me at this time in life. 

Yet, I still have to remind myself that it's not about shiny new toys like campers or iPads - my items of covet this weekend. 

So I come home.  I ask God to forgive my poor attitude.  I pray to desire Him more than these temporary things.  And I remember that I am here "for such a time as this".  I am here to be the best daughter of the King, wife to my husband and mother to our children, that I can be - with God's help.   

And that's a pretty great "thing".
 


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment