Saturday, July 21, 2018

Is homeschooling possible with lots of littles in the mix?


My kids are 12,10, and 8. And while homeschooling those ages come with their own set of trials--I'll admit it's much easier once everyone is potty trained, can read and sit still for more than 5 minutes. 
Many a day I remember nursing one, reading to another and praying the other one wasn't getting into too much trouble. I have photos that bring a smile to my face now like these below, but at the time there were many days I wondered if we were accomplishing much or if I was doing a good job. 






Learning while dressed up in a dinosaur costume, taking a nap in the car, falling asleep on the garage toy box or learning your phonics at the computer with your brother and sister crammed on the stool with you--may not be the traditional school experience, but we wouldn't change it for anything! We have such great stories, great memories, great bonds between siblings, and great results educationally!
So is homeschooling hard with little ones? YES! Is it possible? YES! It is easy? Well, not really, but it's totally worth it! It just takes a considerable amount of patience, creativity and perseverance. 
I recently read an article that I thought might be encouraging to our homeschool moms still in the middle of their littles journey!
Pam Barnhill at her website Homeschool Solutions is doing a series called how to homeschool lots of kids with babies and toddlers in the mix, that you might find helpful! 
What are your challenges with homeschooling many? Or what are some tips that helped you through that season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment