In case of bad weather, you can click here to check for Marion County school closings. If Marion county closes school, then THESIS classes are canceled for that day.
THESIS Class Schedule for 2016 - 2017
THESIS Co-op classes are held on Fridays (see calendar for specific dates) from 12:45 - 3:00. We begin with announcements at 12:45, and then classes commence at 1:00.
1. Preschool classes are only available to families with one or more children registered for K-12 grades. We are not accepting "preschool only" registrations at this time. The preschool class has a limit of 16 students, and preference is given to children of teaching moms first.
2. The upper limit for K-12 classes is 25 students and waiting lists are numbered on a first come, first served basis.
THESIS Homeschool Co-Op
My 2016-17 Responsibility:
As a classroom assistant, you are expected to do the following:
- Attend class each week. On the first day of class, please exchange contact information with the classroom teacher(s) and assistant(s). If you are unable to attend a class, it is your responsibility to contact the teacher and other assistants to make arrangements for your absence; in some cases, if all other adults will be present, it may not be necessary for you to find a replacement. However, if a substitute is needed, it is your responsibility to find a replacement. If you have tried but are unsuccessful, you may contact Lorrie Young, Thesis Information Secretary, to announce the last-minute need for a replacement.
- Arrive 5 minutes early, if possible, to discuss the day’s plans with your classroom teacher.
- Help your classroom teacher as needed. This may include retrieving supplies, making copies, managing student behavior, assisting students with their work (cutting, pasting, etc.), or escorting children to/from the classroom. You may also be asked to be a substitute teacher for the class.
- Please be conscientious of ways your behavior may be a distraction to others. This includes showing respect for the class by not using electronics in the classroom. We all understand urgent situations and phone calls, but please take them out of the classroom if you can. Also, while we are all excited to see our friends, please do your catching-up outside of the classroom where your talking will not be a distraction to teacher or students. ☺
- Work with the classroom teacher to restore the room to the condition you found it. Put furniture back, wipe down tables, return materials, etc. If you assist during the last class of the day, please be sure trash bags are placed in the hallway at the end of class.
Our classroom teachers make a great sacrifice of their personal time to plan and teach our children. Let’s do all we can to make their jobs easier!