Monday, January 23, 2017

Meet A Leader: Amy

MEET A THESIS LEADER: AMY is our TESTING COORDINATOR
Displaying FB_20161025_22_51_04_Saved_Picture.jpg


Name?Amy  

Husband Name? Lucas 

Children? Alissa (9) and Lydia (6) 

Favorite childhood memory? I enjoyed playing with my sister and listening to music.

What is one accomplishment you are proud of that occurred before marriage/children? 
My husband and I established our own business, Mountain State Wellness when I was 25 years old.  This has been our calling to help people get well and stay well.

How did you make decision to homeschool? It fit our family lifestyle and our desire/philosophy to parent intentionally.

Favorite subject in school growing up? My favorite subjects were science and math.

Favorite subject to teach now? My favorite subject to teach would be math and phonics.

Favorite quality in a friend? My favorite quality in a friend would be companionship and loyalty.

Favorite chore? My favorite chore would most likely be cooking for my family.

Least favorite chore? My least favorite chore would be dusting furniture.

Favorite parenting resource? My favorite parenting resource is our church, and also Church on the Move, in Tulsa, OK where we lived our first year of marriage.

Knowing what you know now, what is your best tip for other homeschooling moms? That you need to relax and enjoy the journey because we will reach our goal.  When you are struggling with the day surrender to the grace of God more often.  This has helped my relationships with my kids.

If you had an extra hour in your day how would you spend it? I would spend it doing fun things with the people I love in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment