Thursday, January 26, 2017

Meet A Leader: Miranda

Meet a THESIS Mom: Miranda is our Special Events Coordinator
Displaying AK_EVRST1_7667897925.jpeg

Name? Miranda

Husband Name? David

Children? Ages? Kaylie (9)

Favorite childhood memory? Holidays with my family. Didn't matter which holiday; there was always a house full of people, food and love. I was so blessed to have that in my childhood.

What is one accomplishment you are proud of that occurred before marriage/children? 
It seems like a lifetime ago...but I was a competitive figure skater. It was a wonderful experience and the training taught me a lot more than just how to preform on the ice.

How did you make decision to homeschool? We chose homeschooling for many reasons. But long story short; I was homeschooled in high school, and I knew it was an awesome experience for the whole family!

Favorite subject in school growing up? Reading

Favorite subject to teach now? History


Favorite chore? None

Least favorite chore? Dishes and laundry. No matter how or when I empty the sink or laundry baskets--they fill right back up!

Favorite parenting resource? For tips and tricks, I look to family and friends. But for general over all how to's on raising kids in this world all I can do is pray and listen.

Knowing what you know now, what is your best tip for other homeschooling moms?
When I was young we sang a song in kids church called, "Where God guides, he provides." It was a catchy tune, and I still remember it to this day. but mostly I remember the title and when I have a rough day with lessons or I realize that someday I am going to have to teach Algebra...I say that song over and over to myself. Where God Guides, He Provides. Hopefully, it is a declaration that can help you when you begin to wonder why you thought you could homeschool your kids!


If you had an extra hour in your day how would you spend it? 
I would go to Disney World! Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment