Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Thankful for.....

Image result for thanksgiving images

Our semester at THESIS is nearly over! This is always a great time of year to REFLECT on all that we are thankful for--not only at THESIS, but also as homeschooling parents. 

For me personally--with each year that passes, I fall more and more in love with homeschooling. I have to admit 10 years ago when a friend mentioned homeschooling as a possible education option for me--I laughed out loud. NO, really, I did. And the first year, I liked it, but wasn't confident, at all, in my choice. The second year a little more rooted, but still questioning, comparing, and mulling over all possible options.

As the third, fourth and 8th years came to a close--I couldn't imagine a richer or more rewarding education then the one I felt the Lord strongly nudged us toward. I do believe with all my heart that homeschooling has shaped every member of our family for the good. Our family story will forever be changed by that one decision we made on the couch in our living room that warm August day. The lessons we have learned, the memories we have made, and the growth we have seen....we are so very thankful for the freedom to HOMESCHOOL. So very thankful God has been with us every step of the way.

We've attended THESIS for over 8 years. For us--THESIS has become a home. We started because someone invited us, and it seemed fun to try. We actually didn't have that many connections the first two years. Yet, we enjoyed it enough to keep coming back. Over time--other THESIS families have become our FAMILY. We've seen kids grow up, graduate and move on. We love the church that has been so generous to our community, we love the classes, the teachers, the friends, the events, the advice, and the feeling we get when we walk through the doors. 

I thought it would be fun to ask our  THESIS kids and parents what some of their favorite things are about homeschooling and THESIS. Here's what others are saying: 

My favorite thing about THESIS is being around other homeschoolers and having my kids around other homeschooled kids.

My favorite thing about homeschooling is teaching them about God and seeing them growing up each day throughout the day with teaching and activities at home and out and about.

My favorite thing about THESIS is the friendships for me and my kids!

My favorite thing about homeschooling is being able to create and environment that allows my children to enjoy learning and to be a part of a loving family! not loosing them to public school."

My favorite thing about THESIS is gym class!

My favorite thing about homeschooling is RECESS!

My favorite thing about THESIS is making friends through the co-op

My favorite thing about homeschooling is: time spent with kids and teaching biblical worldview and establishing a strong biblical foundation.

My favorite thing about THESIS is time spent with friends.

My favorite thing about THESIS are the teachers and the classes!

My favorite thing about HOMESCHOOLING is time spent with family. it is a blessing for our family to have time together each day to grow in relationship. i feel like homeschooling gives me the opportunity to better appreciate every stage of my child's life.

My favorite thing about THESIS is the meaningful interactions my children get with fellow students and other teachers.

I have many reasons to be thankful for homeschooling but the one that comes up most often is the ability to set my own pace and schedule! I am, at times, overwhelmed with thnakfulness for this awesome opportunity afforded.

I am thankful for HOMESCHOOLING and that I get to know my kids deeply, and help them through their struggles. We get to learn all about God's great world together. We get to enjoy special events in our family and our lives without schedule restrictions.

I love THESIS because it gives a piece of the fun parts of school to my kids. Like talent shows, valentine parties, classroom participation, science fairs, gym, music and art classes as well as book fairs, field days and being held accountable to another teachers/standards. 

My kids love THESIS for the time spent with quality friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment