Thursday, January 17, 2019

NIGHT OUT--FRIDAY JAN 18TH


NEED A NIGHT OUT?
We wear many hats. Mom. Wife. Teacher. Chauffeur. Chef. Home Organizer. Gardener. Schedule Coordinator. Curriculum Chooser. Party Planner. Cheerleader. Care-taker…
But we also need a safe place to take those hats off and just be ourselves. No plan. No agenda. Just good food and good conversation. Join us! Bring a friend.

Panera Bread Friday Jan. 18th
Bridgeport, WV
6:30-8:30


Safe. Comfortable. Warm. Cozy. Isn't it so much easier to want to stay home? I actually hate that feeling of driving up to a house I've never been to, or sitting in a car with someone I barely know. Or going to an event alone. Even a garage sale! Yet, when I look back on the best friendships I have, they almost all have these two things in common: 

1)  SAYING YES: I had to say yes to an invitation. Yes, I'll go to that party, or that bible study, or that retreat, or that dinner invitation, or that walk at the park.

2) EMBRACING THE AWKWARDNESS: I had to agree to a certain level of awkwardness and uncomfortableness that comes in hanging out with people you don't know that well. 

 In doing these two things I have formed some of the best friendships. Those friendships have been my lifeline. They have encouraged me during tough times. They have made meals for me. They have hugged me without words. They have called me, and listened to me, and challenged me to be a better person. They have studied with me. They have loved on my children. They have prayed for me. They have laughed with me. They have reminded me--I am not alone. 

Real Relationships are worth saying yes to, and embracing the momentary awkwardness it takes to form deep lasting connections.

"Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another...." Heb. 10:25


No comments:

Post a Comment